Create your own network within your home or business with the use of Google Wi-Fi. Google mesh wifi system is a set of routers that you can place around your home. Google routers work together on the network to provide the strongest signals. This mesh system works differently than any other traditional routers. This article explains how to set up Google wifi to get rid of the dead spots at all corners of your home. Before you start, you need to install a Google wifi app on your Smartphone. Google home wifi setup can be done only via an app and not through the computer. Just create a Google account and sign in to the Google wifi app. To know how to connect Google home to wifi, check out the article.
Steps for the Google wifi Router Setup
Have a look at the below instructions to know how to set up Google wifi:
Step 1: Place the Google wifi units
- Place the Google wifi units somewhere high or in a central place. If possible, place the wifi units on a plane surface, shelf, or a TV stand.
- Now, connect the Ethernet cable from the WAN port of the Google wifi to the modem.
- Plug the Google wifi in the power outlet. When the LED on the device flashes blue it means the device now ready to set up.
Step 2: Download the Google Wi-Fi App
- Download and install the app on your Smartphone either Android or iOS.
- Open the application and read the terms and conditions.
- Next, click ‘Get Started’.
- Log in to the Google account if you have an account on Google wifi. If you don’t have any then create the one.
Step 3: Connect to the Network
- Open the app and follow the instructions to connect to the home network.
- The app will find the wifi point automatically. Now, you will need to scan the QR code on the bottom of the wifi point.
- It will automatically create a secure link between your phone and the Google Wifi point.
Step 4: Google home wifi setup
- Now, choose the location of your Wi-Fi unit in the application. Tap ‘Next’.
- When prompted, create a username and password for your Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the ‘Create’ option.
- Click ‘Yes, I’m in’ option to turn on cloud services. Click ‘No’ if you want to turn off the cloud services.
Step 5: Add more Wi-Fi units
- If you have more Google wifi units then select how many more you want to set up. Tap ‘Next’.
- Pace these wifi units in an open space. Try to place the wifi units on a shelf or a TV stand.
- Plug the wifi units in an electrical outlet and follow the above instructions.
- Now, open the app and click ‘Add WiFi point’.
- Next, click ‘Test Now’ to check the strength of the internet connection.
- To complete the Google wifi router setup, review your network.
- Once the setup is completed, the app will download and install the software which includes the latest features. It will take a few minutes to complete the installation.
This was all about the Google home wifi setup. Hope you got to know how to set up Google wifi. If you have any doubts or queries then contact our experts. Get in touch with our experts on a toll-free no. or do a live chat via a live chat window.