Most of the common query that we receive from the Google wifi users is ‘why is my Google WIFI not connecting’. If you are experiencing issues with the Google wifi then there might be a problem on your end. You cannot fix the Wifi issues in a single click. You will need to try below troubleshooting tips to resolve this error. Hopefully, one of them will work for you. Here, we will provide some answers to the most popular queries like “why is my wifi not connecting”. Read the short article to know how to fix Google wifi not connecting issue.
Have a look at the initial checklist:
- Check if the Google wifi router is on and plugged into a power outlet.
- Make sure you are using the accurate password. If the password is incorrect then re-enter the password.
- Check if you are using the latest version of the Google wifi app.
- Make sure the Google device is within 15-20 ft from the wifi router.
- Check if the Google Home is connected to this network before.
- Check if your ISP upgrade or make any changes to your router/modem.
How to fix Google wifi not connecting issue?
If you are wondering ‘Why is my Google WIFI not connecting’ then read the next section. Here are some easy troubleshooting tips:
1. Check the Ethernet cable
Sometime loose or damaged cables can cause the connection issues. Make sure the Ethernet cable is securely plugged from the modem to the WAN port of the Google Wifi. Make sure the modem is powered on and cables are connected properly. Also, ensure that the modem is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Restart the Google Wifi device
Turning the modem on and off can fix the connection issues. Disconnect the Google wifi and your modem from the power supply. Wait for all of the LED lights on both devices to turn off. This will indicate that the devices no longer have power. Re-connect the modem to the power source. Wait for the modem to turn on and check if all the lights are back on. After a few minutes, re-connect the Google wifi to the power source and wait for the LEDs to turn on.
3. Call your ISP
If the issue does not resolved, contact your internet service provider and ask them to resolve the issue. Here is what you need to ask your ISP:
- Whether the internet settings changed or not. Ask them for the new static IP or PPPoE username/password.
- Ask if there is an internet service outage in your area.
Hope, this article helped you resolve your query i.e. Why is my Google WIFI not connecting. If you have any other queries or issues related to the Google wifi device then contact our experts. To contact them, dial our toll-free no. or do a live chat via an online chat window.